Monday, October 20, 2008

Life after Hurricane Ike

Well, it's been almost 6 weeks since Hurricane Ike and life is slowly, but surely getting back to normal. Living with the Cannon's has been great and it looks like we'll be here for the mean while. We've unpacked most all of our day-to-day things, but still make daily trips out to the garage in attempts to find something random.

Ryan usually works weekends as an amateur electrician. His boss, George has been so helpful and supportive! I'm so happy to announce Ryan is now capable of installing recessed lighting, chandeliers, and ceiling fans! I can't wait to put him to work when we buy a house! He's working very hard in school 4 days a week. Mondays and Tuesdays he has clinicals at Texas Children's Hospital and other clinics and hospitals in Houston/Galveston. He's doing great and is on his way to graduating in May!!

I am really enjoying living in Clear Lake. My drive to school and work is less than 5 minutes away! Dad's nice enough to let me drive his Mazda convertible while he's out of town, for weeks at a time usually. It's been so nice driving the convertible in this perfect fall weather we've been having. School is going great for me. I too look forward to graduating in May with my Bachelors degree!!

Hope you enjoy the pics of our home for now. Thanks again Mom, Dad, Nikki, and Cait for putting up with us : )


The Walk-in closet I've always wanted!


Our Master Bedroom.


The Media/Xbox room.
Our Study and homework area.


Dad's car I get to drive around town!

2 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Cute pictures! The bedding looks good in that room. And I love the curtain!

The Theobalds said...

I am so glad you guys have a place to stay! I miss you so much and seriously we need to have a phone conversation major catch up time :) I love you guys and hope everything is turning out well for you.. by the way nice care :)