Church was quite eventful today. First of all I, Natalie, was late {which I hate}. I tried to come into primary quietly. As soon as I sat down one of my Primary kids looked up at me, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "We were here before you". Thank you, I know! Gotta love four year olds.
Ryan is in the middle of working two night shift this weekend so it's quite understandable why he couldn't make it to church today to help teach. So, of course the entire class was in attendance today. I did my best to teach, love, and somewhat discipline SEVEN four/five year olds on my own.
ONE minute before the parents were to arrive and pick up their children...the kids decided not to listen to a word I was saying and started running around the classroom. Low and behold one of them triped and hit her head on a chair!! She got a pretty good sized laceration. Of course the first thing I did was rush her to the bathroom to try to stop the bleeding. There I went RUNNING through the church with in 3 inch heels with a screaming, bleeding, five year old in my arms. People were looking at me like I was crazy. All amongst the screaming I was trying to track down the child's mom and a darn first aid kit. Do you think I could find one anywhere in the entire church? NO!! Thank goodness someone had one out in their car.
What a day at church!! How was yours? Don't get me wrong...I love my church and the opportunity I have to work with the children. But some days don't you wish you never even got out of bed?
1 comment:
OMG what a disaster!! i would never want to teach again after a day like that! lol.. props to you for handling it so well!! and hope ryan can come every sunday from now on so you wont have anymore crazy days!! good luck girl!!
Post a Comment