Sunday, May 31, 2009

How RDA really turned out...

Long story short, my piece Bijoux Bleu did not go as planned. A few days before the performance one of my soloist dancers sprained her ankle. Sister learned her part quickly and did beautifully. Another dancer discovered she had TMJ (locked jaw) the day before the performance, went to the ER, got some pain meds and danced through the pain. My LEAD dancer just weeks before the performance was diagnosed with chromes disease. We thought she would pull through for the performace, but was hospitalized the night before the show. So....before leaving for Sugar Land I packed my pointe shoes in case she wasn't discharged in time to perform. Low and behold I got a phone call around 7:30am letting me know I would be performing that night in front of thousands of dancers...after 6 years of not dancing. It was pretty mortifying for me. I did what I had to do and am grateful for all those who helped me get through it. To my dancers for lying to me and telling me I was doing great. To Mom and Cheryl for piecing me back together and driving me to the drug store for you name it. For Caitlin and her sweet support. And to me Sweetheart for running a hot bath, numerous massages, getting me food, carying me to the car, buying me beautiful flowers, BRAVO's from the Balcony, and for being my number one fan. For those that think that was fun for me....I'm never doing that again (in that condition).


Sister and I getting ready...

Stretching, what's that again?


8am rehearsal before the show..."Oh my gosh, what am I doing?"



That's me...center stage!


All my dancers watching me rehearse...the day of the show.



I couldn't have done it without my Sweetheart!


Rehearsing:

Warning: horrible, falling arabesque...Watch at your own risk:

2 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Wish I could have seen it! You still look great. No lying!

Leslie and Jaron said...

looked great to me! I did not see a falling arabesque. love you!